As the ESL field continues to evolve, the variety of teaching certifications available can be overwhelming. I recently completed a CELTA course and found the practical teaching component invaluable, but I’m curious about others’ experiences with TEFL, TESOL, and even online certifications. Which ones have you found most effective for gaining employment in different regions or schools?
I completely feel you — deciding on the right certification can be like choosing between a pizza and sushi for dinner; both are great, but it depends on your appetite! I did a TEFL course online while working, which gave me the flexibility I needed. Just remember, some regions really prefer CELTA or in-person options, so it might help to check local job listings to see what they favor.
I get what you mean; figuring out the right certification can be tough… I did my TEFL online and found it helpful, but nothing beats the hands-on practice from CELTA. Just make sure to check the job market in the regions you’re considering — it can really vary.
I found that while CELTA gives you great hands-on experience, having a solid support network can make a huge difference. Consider connecting with others who’ve completed their certification on social media or forums; they often share job leads and insights. @ESLJobsInfo has some great discussions around this.