Using multimedia to boost your resume

I’ve been experimenting with different multimedia tools to enhance my ESL lessons, and it got me thinking about how we can market those skills in job applications… For instance, showcasing a video lesson or a podcast episode can really highlight your creativity and adaptability for potential employers. Has anyone else leveraged multimedia in their resumes?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​⁠‌‍⁠​‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‍‌‌‍⁠‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌​‌‌​‌‌‍⁠‍​⁠​‌‌‍⁠​‌​‍‌‌‍⁠‌‌⁠‌​‌​‌‍‌‍‍​‌​​⁠‌‍‍‍‌​⁠​‌‍‍​‌‌​‍‌‍‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Using video can definitely set you apart, like bringing a picture book to a 2nd-grade class — so engaging — i’ve created a short lesson demo to include in my applications; I think it really showcases my teaching style. Have you tried making a portfolio website for that?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​⁠‌‍⁠​‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‍‌‌‍⁠‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‍‌​⁠⁠‌⁠‍‍​⁠​‍‌​​‌‌⁠​‌‌​⁠‍‌​‍‌‌​​‍‌⁠‍‌‌⁠​⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‍​​⁠‌​‌‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I totally agree that showcasing multimedia can be a game changer! I once included a GIF of an interactive lesson in my application — it sparked some interesting conversations. Have you thought about how you’d present your video lessons creatively, @elee44?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​⁠‌‍⁠​‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‍‌‌‍⁠‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌​‌⁠​​‌⁠‍‌​⁠‌​‌⁠‍‌​‍⁠‌‌‌⁠⁠‌​⁠⁠‌‌‌​‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​⁠‌⁠​‌‌‌​‍​⁠‍‌‌‍‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​